Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Years - Take 2

Ok, so I started a New Year's post, but didn't finish it because I guess it didn't feel genuine. Meh, oh well. What I wanted to say earlier was that 2006 was a big year - a difficult year that forced me to grow up, but when I look back at it, even though most people would say it sucked, I feel gratitude for having lived through it. The changes that I've experience have made me a calmer, happier person. Not to say I'm perfect, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable in my skin again. finally. phew.

So, with anti-resolutions in place, here's what I want to accomplish this year:

Since I'm turning 30, I'd like to drop some of the weight I've carried in my 20's both figuratively and literally. How am I going to accomplish this? day by day. I think committing to something day by day will help me make the changes I need to do. I'm going to try to use blogging as one of those tools (just like millions of others ;-)).

I'm going to work on my self esteem. I think it's taken a bit of a beating in the last 18 months and I've reflected how I feel about myself in the way I've treated my body and health. Gaining weight, making excuses not to exercise, eating more than my body needs, all of it a way to make the outside ugly, like I feel on the inside. Well - enough of that I say.

Day by day I hope to make small changes in how and what I eat, the WHY I eat and reform my behavior to reflect the person I am inside. Day by day I want to become more active, whether it's doing the silly Tae-bo tapes I found in the garbage or learning to enjoy running with the puppy or getting K to do yoga with me in the basement. (ok, that may be a bit of a challenge)

As for other 'resolutions' - meh. I hope to learn more, be a better person / friend / spouse / pet-parent (in no particular order) and to expand my horizons (not my pants ;-)).

Oh - and I hope to find a fulfilling job - since the fates have opened up other opportunities for me.

Happy New Year everyone.

No comments: